Welcome back to ‘The New World Order.’ Today you’re here with your favourite (don’t tell the others I said that) blogger, Avani! Winter holidays alas. 2020 is coming to an end yayayay! I mean finally! This year was hideous and that is an understatement, you hear me?! However horrible, I did a whole lotta new things this year. I started Speak Out Teens (check it out on Insta, never stop promoting it lol), I started this blog, won a few awards, participated in a debate, planned my future (well, kinda) and many other things.
Today, I have a ‘get to know me’ segment. for those of you who don’t wanna read this whole thing, skip to the list. I have loads of incomplete assignments and I’m kinda boring so well I’ll try to highlight the GOOD parts (wow, this blog is gonna be short). My name is Avani Gupta (friends call me satan’s daughter) and I’m an 8th Grade student at The Shriram Millennium School, Noida. I love my school and have been studying there for the past 10 years now. My favourite subjects are the sciences (bio, chem, physics, in that order). This year, I realised I wanted to do something in the field of science and I’m kinda leaning towards a biological field. Im still figuring it out but well, it’s a start. I caught the Corona virus on 1st June (see post: A War I Won by Avani Gupta for more details). During that time period, I finished 6 WHOLE SEASONS of Brooklyn Nine-Nine (I know I’m hopeless but seriously watch it, its goooood). After recovery, I got the idea of Speak Out Teens and I started it in the middle of July. (I really like working towards mental health and human related social causes). Due to judgement issues (my fault to be clear), it was halted. We (Trisha Kumar and I) resumed it in October and it is doing well now (@speakoutteens on Instagram, go follow).In the same month, We were supposed to get academic awards for the previous year. I won a whopping 13 awards and celebrated the whole weekend lol. Now, its December and my brother is back from the USA! He brought me cool new sneakers with little skulls on them (they call me satan’s daughter for a reason). Now I wish to start the new year with better posts and a positive attitude!
now on to a bunch of random facts:
- My friends call me ‘satan’s daughter. Not because they think my father is satan (he is very sweet) but because I’m dark and twisty.
- I love to listen to music, I listen to mostly English pop and pop rap (drop song recommendations in the comment section below).
- Another hobby of mine is Art, I love to draw. Watercolour, Soft pastel, graphite, anything at all except acrylic. I hate acrylic.
- I play badminton. I represented Ghaziabad in the U.P. States last year and he school on the Zonal and district levels.
- I cannot cook. I try to make Maggi and I always burn it without fail. My Best friend Aadya, is s wonderful cook like master chef good (not exaggerating).
- I cannot do literature. Unlike @jiyavig and @arrushsethi, I cannot rhyme or understand deep poems and frankly, I dont wanna. They are commendable at stuff like that and I’m like a bag of trash.
- I Have a passion for Biology. I read random things about the human body on google and I know a lotta random info.
- I like debating (Arguing basically) and I’m okay-is at it. I participated in the Behes competition and it was fun.
- Im rather talkative. You give me a topic and I won’t stop speaking, my teachers have to mute me in class!
- Im kinda boring. Thats what I’ve heard and I won’t disagree. For god’s sake, someone teach me to be interesting!
- I live in a joint family with 10 other people and I love my family the most. I cannot miss a family gathering or I’ll die from guilt.
- I’m tomboy. I can’t wear skirts or dresses. I roll with black jeans and a tee/sweatshirt. I wear sneakers or converse shoes and I will attend a wedding in track pants if I have to. I love in Adidas. literally
- Im a social butterfly, I love meeting new people and going to new places (we all know how that’s been this year).
- I love chocolate. my favourite desert is brownie and I can eat any chocolate and same with paneer.
- lastly, I have a lot of friends, in my school and different schools. My closest friends are Aadya, Jiya (my soul sister bestfriends) Trisha, Arrush, Samarth, Sarisha, Aadit, and many more…and I love them to the moon and back.
lemme know some facts about you in the comment section! Hope you liked getting to know me! Till then, Adios! Stay home, Stay safe! and Feliz navidad!
-Avani and Team