Heyyyyy readers! What’s Up? The New World Order is back with some entertaining blog posts for you, to keep you contented at home. Before I start, I would like to congratulate all the former Covid-19 patients for their recovery, and I would like to tell all current Covid-19 patients to hold on and not lose hope.
So today, in this blog post, #LOCKDOWNCEHF 3.0, which, as you might know, is the sequel to both #LOCKDOWNCHEF and the 2.0 version, I will share with you an epic recipe combo. For today, I chose a soft and delicious pretzel recipe, paired with pink tangy lemonade. Not only did I choose this pair because they make a good combo, but also because they hold a special place in my heart. I mean, what’s better than having warm brown pretzels, straight out of the oven, with a cool lemonade, on a hot summer day?
I was going to choose a French recipe, for I know that these days, it is becoming somewhat of a trend during lockdown, but I decided not to, for 2 reasons;
1) Like I just said, they are a bit of a trend these days, and The New World Order, hangs on a bit to the unique side.
2) Because, well, French recipes give me the crepes. (Get it?😂🤣 Sorry for that, but I just love corny jokes.)
THE PASSIONATE PINK LEMONADE!
1. 4 unwaxed lemons
2. 100g caster sugar
3. 200ml cranberry juice, chilled
4. ice and lemon slices, to serve
1. Peel the zest of the lemons, leaving as much of the white pith on the lemons as possible. Squeeze the juice from the lemons.
2. Pour the lemon juice in a large jug, and add the sugar and lemon zest. Pour about about 600ml of boiling water and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Leave to cool. Then, strain the lemonade into a serving jug.
4. Stir in the cranberry juice and 200 ml of chilled water. Refrigerate, serve, and enjoy!
Ugh, just a sec… My sister is annoying me again. She keeps doing that, and she accomplishes this new passion by criticizing my draft, whenever and wherever I sit down to write. She keeps pointing out the most stupid mistakes (sometimes, I am not even sure they are mistakes!) . Once, she said I should write about unicorns instead of all the “mumbo-jumbo” I write. Another time, she said double negatives were a complete “no-no”. Like, seriously?!? And I was just looking at her like this :🤨
Now, it’s time for…
THE SPECTACULARLY SOFT PRETZELS!
1. 3 cups flour
2. 1 1/2 table spoon salt
3. 1 1/4 teaspoon yeast
4. 1 tablespoon sugar
5. 300 ml water
6. 6 cups water (to poach the pretzels)
7. 6 teaspoon baking soda
8. egg wash
10. melted butter (to brush pretzels)
- In a large bowl add in the flour.
- Put yeast on one side of the bowl and salt and sugar on the side of the bowl. If you add the salt on top of the yeast it will deactivate that yeast and your dough will not rise.
- Add in water and mix to form a dough. Kneading isn’t necessary in this recipe, but it does give the dough a little flexibility. That’s it, your dough is done!
- Wrap the bowl tight with film wrap and lay a bowl over it. Put it in a dry place at room temp and leave overnight. A minimum of 12 hours, but up to 18 hours and let time do its magic. I do 18 hours 🙂
- The next day, turn out onto a floured surface and divide into 9 balls and let it and relax for 2 minutes
- To shape: take each piece of dough and begin rolling them on the counter. Bang the dough on the counter and they will just naturally get longer and longer. Keep going until you reach 24 inches (60 cm). Twist the ends of the dough and press onto the the opposite sides of the pretzel.
- Put straight into boiling water with baking soda and poach for JUST 30 seconds, then place on a baking tray. This boiling step is the secret to firm skin and adds that definite pretzel flavor.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sea salt
- Bake 450F (225C) for 15 minutes, or until the tips of the pretzels are golden brown.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!!!
Phew! Glad that’s over! Man, are pretzels tough to make. But I can assure you, they are totally worth the hard work, wait and effort. 😁😁 And if you ever need us to post a favorite recipe, please tell us to do so, and we’ll get your KNEADS covered. (Get it? Ha-ha! 😂😂)
I really hope you will try out this recipe combo, and it is sure to help lighten the mood for any conversation. Thanks a lot reader! Don’t forget to like, comment, and follow us! Peace out. 🖖✌
-Arrush and The Team